Before I get to my answers to the questions, and to my own nominations, I’ll recap (the latest versions of) the rules:
1) You must thank the person who gave you this award
3) You should nominate 3 to 5 up-and-coming blogs (some rule variations say 11) with less than 200 subscribers
4) Each person must post 11 things about themselves
5) Answer the questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you
6) Create 11 questions for those you nominate to answer
7) Notify your nominees and provide a link back to your post
8) And no tag backs (the point is to try and highlight new bloggers so let’s spread the support )
11 Things About Me:
- As a child, I wanted to be an artist, actor, singer, psychologist, teacher and a lawyer.
- I used to work in a book-store.
- I love working on photography projects.
- I was a student politician at university.
- The pet I’d most like to own one day is a lizard.
- I’ve already experienced and lost my current dream-job.
- I didn’t learn to drive a car until I was pregnant with my first son.
- I can play the piano and the viola.
- I have a favourite mountain.
- I plan to write a book someday, and have already made a start.
- My favourite creative talent is Joss Whedon.
The Questions I Have To Answer:
- Name one thing that really makes you YOU: My kids, they are a huge part of my identity now.
- If you could have politicians powers for a day, what would you do?: Redo the electoral system.
- Who would you REALLY love to read your blog? My son, many years from now.
- What is your biggest vice? The Internet.
- What is your greatest achievement? Raising my two boys.
- Name your favourite book, why is it so good? Hard to say, but I’ll go with Atlas Shrugged, because it helped change the way I viewed the world.
- One quote that you live by… When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be and why? Right where I am now, it’s a safe, beautiful, kid-friendly country, no place I’d rather be.
- How would your best friend describe you? As his wife.
- Stranded on a desert island, one luxury allowed only, what would it be and why? Modern medicine, for safety and longevity.
- What is the funniest thing you have ever done? I’m not a funny person unfortunately!
My nominees are (drum-roll pleeease..)
- My Whac-A-Mole Life
- The Tumultuous Truth
- Try Defying Gravity
- Confessions From Household Six
- Pancakes Gone Awry
- Our Adventures With Riley
- Maternal Instincts
- Defining “Normal”
- She’s Always Write
Questions for my nominees:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What’s your favourite piece of art?
- What’s your favourite scent?
- Who inspires you?
- Name one major event that shaped who you are today.
- What one super-power would you choose and why?
- What pets do you have?
- What’s your favourite plant?
- What event in nature takes your breath away?
- What was your favourite subject at school?
- What countries have you visited?
I look forward to reading your answers, now get to it!