This page is specifically aimed at parents of autistic children in New Zealand. It provides links to key information and services; the sort of information I would have appreciated having access to after my own son’s diagnosis. If you think I have forgotten to include a vital resource, or have issues with any included on this list, please do let me know via the comments below. (Even if I don’t go on to include them in this main page, you can bring attention to the services via the comment itself, so feel free to share.)
This page will be regularly updated.
Links relevant to the “New Zealand Autism Spectrum Disorder Guideline”; a thorough guide provided by the New Zealand government, aimed at families, individuals, and professionals dealing with autism:
- The online version of the book
- The website that provides further information about the book, including the ability to order a free copy
- Online updates to the book
Ministry of Health funded disability support services, including links to information about Needs Assessment, Child Development Services, and Respite.
Child Disability Allowance information.
Some key New Zealand charities:
- Autism NZ
- Altogether Autism, including a list of training programmes for parents
- CCS Disability Support, including Early Intervention Support
I also regularly do posts about services, therapies, education options, autism tests, autism books and autism DVDs. You can find these posts listed under the category “Resources for Parents.”